Choose Your Body Lotion
include "../topad.php" ?>
include "../../links.php" ?>
Health Info: Beauty
Chemical Compounds In Sunscreen
Cheer Someones Day With Fresh Flowers
Choosing And Using Your Lipstick
Coming Of Age The Power Of Beauty
include "../leftad.php" ?>
Body lotions come in many different combinations of herbs, natural products derived from fruits, plant leaves or seeds. They work in so many ways, such as healing dry skin, improving skinís texture, nourishing and replenishing skinís lost natural oils as well as it restores the radiance of the skin.
I. Natural Ingredients:
1. Shea butter
include "../middlead.php" ?>
Derived from the fruit kernels of the shea nut tree, it has remarkable healing and softening abilities. Studies show that shea butter has anti inflammatory effects on the skin, thus increase wound healing and improve scar appearance. From its physical make up of vitamin E, vitamin A, and cinnamic acid as well as a unique fatty acid profile, this butter can moisturize and heal dry skin.
2. Sunflower oil
Is rich in vitamins E and A and very high in fatty acids that aids in restoring skin moisture, natural oils and regenerates. Vitamin A encourages collagen production and is able to retain moisture.
3. Almond oil
Easily absorbed, this is an important nutrient for skin softening and conditioning. With high vitamin A content, it is very suitable to dry, flaky or inflamed skin. Helps the skin to balance its loss and absorption of moisture.
4. Jojoba oil
Good for all skin types, It readily penetrates the skin to nourish, moisturize and softens dry skin. Hypoallergenic and pure, it contains minerals, proteins and a waxy substance which imitates the skinís collagen, making it supple and soft to the touch.
5. Cocoa butter
A very popular ingredient among hand and body lotions, like the shea butter, it acts as an emollient helping the skin feel soft and calm. It can also prevent and lessen stretch marks if applied regularly.
6 Aloe Vera
Studies show that aloe vera can very well improve the skinís capability to hydrate itself. It has a powerful penetrating ability which carries healthy substances through the skin. With daily use, aloe vera will help maintain a healthy glowing skin. Because of its numerous biologically active ingredients, such as polysaccharides, phytosterols, glycerol, vitamins E, B & C and zinc; these all contribute to the healing, scar reducing and anti inflammatory effects of aloe vera.
7. Macadamia oil
This has lubrication properties and is easily absorbed. This oil is high in monounsaturated fatty acids acting as anti oxidants to prevent deterioration and weakening of cell membrane. It is also an emollient with magnesium and thiamine, that soothes and calms. Good for mature and aging skin.
It has humectant properties, drawing moisture from the air unto the skin.
II. Choosing The Right Body Lotion For You:
- Read labels Different products have different ingredients. It is important that you know what consists of the lotion that you are buying, to avoid allergies. Also choose a product labeled as a moisturizer.
- Choose a moisturizing lotion Take note of the positive changes it has done to your skin. Note these changes and if you love the results, then continue using it.
- Know your skin Although many lotions are for all skin types, there are lotions which are specifically formulated for normal,dry, amd extra dry skin. It is best to buy a lotion that could address to your skin type to achieve the best results.
- Know what you need Do you need a lotion just for daily moisturizing? Or you have stretch marks that needs attention too? There are hundreds of moisturizing products in the market that can improve the appearance of your stretch marks as well as nourish your skin.
- Consider your skinís condition If you have sensitive skin, choose a moisturizing lotion that is noncomedogenic. This means that the lotion has been proven and tested not to cause acne reactions on the skin. Likewise, unscented body lotions will unlikely cause allergies.
- Consider your lifestyle If you are the type who loves spending time outdoors, you may need a lotion with ultraviolet protection, to minimize skin wrinkling and drying.
- Consider the season In winter, choose a heavier lotion with shea butter or any intensive ingredient. During the summer, a lighter, well absorbed lotion with aloe vera and sunscreen protection works best.